Andrew St. Royal /
March 25th, 2021
We are looking for a professional and organized event professional for a full-time, ongoing position as:
FULL-TIME ACCOUNT MANAGER
As an account manager, you will play a key role in St. Royal’s sales team, working directly with qualified B2C and B2B clients. You will guide clients through a clearly laid out sales process including consultations, music experience design, proposals, quotes, contracts, collecting payments, and overseeing the coordination and execution of your design. You will work with clients to create and design unique music experiences & music moments for weddings, social events, and corporate events.
The successful applicant will have experience in planning and executing live events and weddings as well as the demonstrated ability and desire to work with people building and maintaining relationships.
This is a role in a small, agile, and growing company with lots of potential for growth.
*Experience as a musician, or working in the music industry is not required. We will provide training on music and audiovisual design.
The successful candidate should have:
- 3+ years in sales, account management, or event planning, with a track record of building and maintaining strong client relationships. Relevant industry experience in Events, Weddings, and/or Experiential Marketing industries.
- For those with event planning experience, this is a role for a planner with a preference for event logistics (schedule, timelines, synchronization of moving parts, guest flow) over visual design (event aesthetics, decor, design, etc)
- Able to thrive in a Working From Home environment
- Proficient technology user – experience and comfort with apps and technology – look for ways to simplify or improve processes, creative ways to update platforms
- Dependable team player
- Experience working with targets, goals, and KPIs
- Existing relationships in the event industry
- Experience in the music industry and or audiovisual design is an asset, but not mandatory
We are looking for someone with the following traits:
- Organized, with exceptional attention to detail
- Preference to set and hit goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a great listener
- High level of self-awareness and ability to manage emotions (EQ)
- Self-confident with a great work ethic, desire for growth, and open to feedback and coaching
- Passionate about customer service
- Determined problem solver
- Kind & Compassionate – events are inherently high-stakes, emotional, we endeavor to erode some of the stress simply by treating others well
- Empathetic – ability to understand the true goals, needs, and intentions of the client
- Assertive – outgoing, can make confident strong recommendations
- Curious – asks questions, seeks clarification
- Outgoing & Charismatic – ability to build relationships and positive rapport with strangers
[Job Roles and Responsibilities outlined in greater detail below here]
Who We Are:
St. Royal is a trail-blazing music experience design agency, ready to blast off into explosive growth as the gathering restrictions for live events ease over the coming months. We are the leading music agency in the Toronto events industry. We create custom live music experiences for our clients – B2C and B2B while attracting and developing a talent roster of up-and-coming music artists.
What We Do:
Our core business (and the focus of the account manager role) is creating music experiences for weddings, corporate events, and experiential marketing agencies. We also manage music booking and programming for festivals and hotels & hospitality clients.
WHAT WE STAND FOR
- High Performance – We raise the bar of live music performance, professionalism, and innovation in the notoriously laid back, passive, ego-driven music industry.
- Opportunity – We provide meaningful performance and growth opportunities to be claimed by those within our organization with the drive and desire to do so.
- Meritocracy – We develop self-driven individuals and promote individual excellence.
How we do things:
This is one thing that always changes. While we have established systems and processes, we are never fixated on a single method – rather we are always willing to test, tinker, and even fail in the pursuit of better customer experiences, better artist experiences, and more efficient or enjoyable work.
Remote – Work from home
Weekly in-person working sessions as in-person gatherings returns
Must have a good, reliable computer with access to high-speed internet.
General “on” hours ~10am-7pm – can flex depending on clients and schedule
Regular daily video calls, weekly sales target review calls, weekly coaching calls
Expect some weekend availability requirements
Expect some event drop-ins (evenings and weekends)
Full Time, on-going
6-month probation period
Competitive salary (Base + Commission) – commensurate with experience
There will be multiple-step interview process taking place during the month of April.
Start Date: Onboarding and training to begin approx May 4th – May 11th, 2021.
Sound like a match? We can’t wait to hear from you, send us your resume and why you think we should connect.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not receive an immediate automated email reply check your spam folder.
[Job Roles and Responsibilities outlined in greater detail below]
Account Manager Job Roles and Responsibilities outlined:
- Correspond leads and clients via email, phone, video calls, or in-person at locations to be determined by client/account manager;
- Keep the CRMs (Pipedrive and the SRL) up to date, and organized for your own events;
- Provide management with sales and KPI related reports in a timely manner for weekly sales meeting
- Seek out new and creative opportunities to drive revenue. Make recommendations to increase the efficiency of the role, and increase client/customer success;
- Work closely with clients ensuring a great experience from entry to exit. The process includes: Walk clients through proposals, offer tailored solutions based on their unique needs. Negotiate pricing & execute client booking contracts. Collect payments from clients using credit card processing software, issue receipts;
- Work with or communicate responsively and professionally with multiple stakeholders (sometimes with conflicting goals): event planners, artist personnel, artist manager, entertainment coordinators, audiovisual support team, venue coordinators, and other vendors and event professionals;
- Manage clients from the time of booking, until the Entertainment Coordinator handoff, 3 months before the event date. This includes planning-based questions from client or planner, AV related needs, contract updates/ upsell opportunities, and occasional site visit. Collect and disseminate event-related details to Coordinating team at handoff;
- Oversee coordinating process once handoff to Event Coordinator has commenced (changes to invoice, process payments, ensure final deliverables match the sales promises);
- Attend regular conference meetings (in-person, or by video call) and occasionally facilitate video conference meetings with delivery team;
- Occasional attendance at showcase events to monitor performance and be available for client questions (on a rotating basis with other team members). Attendance at site visit may required during the sales process;
- Develop a holistic understanding of the client/customer journey by gaining experience within various other positions including but not limited to: sales development, sales, artist & repertoire management, audiovisual consulting, and business development;
- Perform other duties that are considered reasonable and are customarily performed by a person holding a similar position in the industry or Business of the Employer;
- Work with previously booked clients to postpone or adjust their contract to suit revised wedding plans due to COVID-19;
- Other duties and responsibilities as we evolve.